Elephant Car Wash Seattle * Car Detailing Seattle
Through the years we’ve seen celebrities, politicians, foreign diplomats, and past United States Presidents (complete with full security detail!) visit. We’re privileged to have some of the Northwest’s leading companies, city, state, and federal officials, military, and media outlets as clients. Seattle Weekly has repeatedly named Elephant Car Wash the best car wash in Seattle.
Our customers know the Pink Elephant Icon is a symbol of outstanding car wash service, at a rate far less than the cost of a full-detail.
The History of Elephant Car Wash Seattle
Elephant Car Wash opened on 4th Avenue and Lander Street in Seattle. Started by Dean, Archie, and Eldon Anderson, The Elephant was the first automatic car wash in Washington. Dean and Eldon invented hands-free machines, which cleaned cars safely and reliably, eclipsing the plastic-bristle brushes in use at that time.
The Anderson family opened their second location in 1956 on Battery Street in downtown Seattle, home of the world-famous rotating elephant!
In 1963 they opened another location on Pacific Avenue in downtown Tacoma, cementing Elephant Car Wash’s reputation for exceptional, safe, hands-free car washing throughout the Puget Sound.
1982 - Present
The Anderson brothers sold Elephant Car Wash to Bob Haney in 1982. Bob ushered the Elephant’s evolution from plastic-bristle brushes to high-pressure water cleaning, and soft-cloth wraps.
Multiple locations were opened throughout the Puget Sound: Auburn, Burien, Bellevue, Federal Way, Maple Valley, and Redondo.
The Elephant also expanded to include two touchless locations: A Street in Auburn, and Covington.